Monday, September 22

KETCHUP

Oh heyyyy, I'm back!

I am willing to accept anybody to email me - you know, give me a nudge, whatever, reminding me to post.
Haha. I've taken a couple photos but it's been spotty.

I decided a month ago I really wanted to do something special for my mom for Christmas as she's getting a hysterectomy 2.5 weeks before hand, and also because she is my amazing mother ; ) Anyways. I got us (and my sister) very good tickets to see Billy Elliott - The Musical the day before Christmas (I don't plan on giving my mother this link.... is that weird?).

Soooo funds were low for a bit, so meals were quite creative... maybe I should've taken pictures! Haha, I think I ate a lot of lean pockets and cereal... Oops.

Anyways. I was going through my fall clothes the other day and I wasn't exactly appreciating the way things were fitting. So that was a wake up call that I really do need to reign in my eating/work out habits.
So the pictures I do have...
One of my good friends growing up recently moved back to NH this month. She came to hang out last Tuesday and we went downtown for dinner.

Bread of course with a yummy herb butter. My drink was what they described as a margarita meets mojito. It was yummy!
For my meal, I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries. Mmm, I had wanted this chicken ravioli in pesto sauce dish, but Kristen ordered it and I didn't want to do a repeat... hate that.


Last wednesday was a little company party. I'm on the events committee, so it's my duty to plan these events and participate... I'm reeeally good at that part. Oops ; )


My work bff got us this to split as a birthday present to me. This night... let's just say that margarita kicked off the theme of the evening. But we wound up at a karaoke place and that's all that matters.

Saturday I went apple picking! Yummy!!!! I'm going to bake apple crisp tomorrow, I went through a couple recipes on cookinglight.com, I'm excited!

Decided to hit up Trader Joe's for some groceries... I'm excited to try the Multi-Grain hot cereal stuff - a mix of barley, wheat, oats...and rye I think? I tend to mix oats in oatmeal and let it sit overnight or for a few hours... this says "hot cereal" will it still work the same way?

OH by the way. I had run out of rolled oats last week. So for my fave yogurt parfait-things, I was using steel cut oats. Soaking in the yogurt for several hours makes them SUPER chewy, it was a very fun revelation! Decided to try Peanut Butter Puffins. I'm in love! I am also in love with Peanut Butter Cookie Larabars! Oh man. The dates add just the right touch of sweetness... and even just half of one is such a nice, filling treat. Now I just need to try the coconut ones!

Oh gosh. I have more, but was just reminded that Heroes is new tonight. I forgot tv shows could be new... I don't think I've watched much at all in like 6 months. Good thing my friend has DVR!


No comments: