I am finally starting my own blog - chronicling every bite I take (or most of them!)
I guess I've been following several food blogs for the past 6-9 months and find it fascinating! I was always the one friends came to for recommendations on what to eat and questions about nutrition (despite no formal education - please don't consider me someone as licensed, studied or otherwise!). But it was finally a relief for me to catch a glimpse from people who were fully committed to a healthier lifestyle. I have already learned a ton and have changed some of my habits.
The main point is I know I can do better and be better about what's good for me and my body.
I'm still at a point in my life where I choose to be carefree over structured, going out rather than staying in, eating cereal for dinner over cooking a nice meal, 3 drinks instead of one, etc, etc!
I still don't wish to compromise alllll of those activities so I'm merely seeking to find a healthy balance (it's been a long, GREAT summer!)
Also, as I pretty much live on my own - food shopping, trying new products/food items and lots of eating out all need to fit into my budget! My personal agenda is to crack down on this - I have a history of being frivolous at the grocery store! - and figure out a way to better structure what I'm buying, what's cooking and making sure it all makes it way into my mouth and is not wasted... so sad.
I've come up with some habits already that have helped me, but hopefully will figure out more as I go - AND, like I said, I am totally open to suggestions and very much appreciate feedback!
Those first couple paragraphs are a little stuffy, and I promise that I am not a formal person at all. I intend for this blog to be fun - a snapshot of the "bright" and "sunny" person that I am... with a couple salads mixed in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment