Wednesday, September 10

Good friends, bad food

Sooooo while looking over my workout dvds, I couldn't help but take notice of my overall movie collection. "Hmm..... when was the last time I sat down and properly watched a movie?" Too long I guess was the consensus! I popped in Old School, grabbed some tortilla chips and vegged out.


It felt nice on the rainy day it was!


Afterwards, I headed to the mall, bought some birthday gifts and exchanged some things of my own.

Met my friend Trish - the birthday girl - her fiancee, and 2 other guy friends at this random Chinese restaurant on the northshore.

As soon as the rest of the table ordered Scorpion Bowls, I knew I wanted one too!




Fortunately it was not as big as I thought it was going to be!

So I figured we would have some time to drink and chitchat a bit before our food came, but nah, it came like 10 minutes later.

My favorite Chinese dish is Chicken with Broccoli. I could probably order it steamed without all the sauce and such, but it's just too good otherwise. I realize there are a lot more worse choices out there, so I'm okay with it! I did ask for brown rice but they did not have any. The waiter wouldn't let me just order the chicken and broccoli entree though, it turned into getting one of the combination plates with beef teriyacki and pork fried rice.... go figure.



So I ate all the chicken and broccoli there plus half the rice. I gave the beef sticks to the boys - who all ended up getting another scorpion bowl 20 min after their first one and wound up pretty sloppy.


And of course I had a fortune cookie!


The drink started to hit me about that time and I had a 45 min drive ahead of me soooooo I decided to chill at Target for a bit to sober up! My wallet wasn't the biggest fan of this decision!


I know I've got my.... little monthly friend coming up and had been feeling those effects already and was desperately in the mood for chocolate. and salt. So I picked up some "moose munch", like toffee'd popcorn pieces and chocolate covered nuts. I broke into it during the ride home MUCH later and had more than I would've liked.


Set my alarm for extra early to squeeze in extra time at the gym.

Before I left I had half a banana with almond butter.



Ran 2 miles at 6.7 mph and then 1/2 at 7 mph before moving onto the stairmaster for 45 minutes. LOVE the stairmaster.

I hadn't worked out in a week (I got stung by jelly fish and couldn't walk right until last thursday!) so I was surprised my legs could handle what they did. Rather than do some strength, I stretched A LOT just to counter act any soreness. I did sneak in some 21's and tricep extensions.


I like to have protein after the gym, so I took half of yesterday's saved portion of oatmeal (so 1/4 serving, are you following?) and mixed it with a vanilla Oikos.

I don't like these as much as I do Chobani - for the texture, taste, protein and I hate the containers - I find them annoying! I also chopped up 5 strawberries. I nuked the oatmeal for a bit before mixing in the yogurt. It made it even more creamy - it was a nice breakfast!


Packed my lunch... stuffed down some spinach, cut up the rest of the large tomato, shaved half an ear of grilled corn from friday night (Getting pretty good at not wasting food!!) and then a cup or so of the leftover Chicken Tikka Masala. I plan on microwaving this at work, I like when the spinach cooks down and gets wilty.




I also packed a yogurt parfait with half a LARGE vanilla chobani I purchased last night. I like buying the bigger ones for whatever reason and bought two last night.... there will be a lot of yogurt in the next couple days....

Added 1/4 cup oatmeal with 5 strawberries and the rest of this morning's banana.




I am looking forward to both of these!!


One thing about me, I always have a song of the day. Most of the time I wake up with a song in my head (this used to drive my ex crazy!) or it's one that really kept me going at the gym or just fits the mood I want to find myself in for the day....

Today's song is The Passenger by Iggy Pop. I can't help but bop to it : )

No comments: