Monday, June 29

They're gonna be Legen.... wait for it.... dary!

Oh me my... margarita cupcakes rock my world!!

Friday's batch were made from MANGO margarita mix, topped with the same "house margarita" icing I used on the strawberry ones. Sigh, just sooo good.

As a strong supporter of balance, I sipped on this baby to keep my fingers out of the icing bowl too too much ; )
Kidz Superfood! Momma like!

Friday night the boy and I had concert plans to see Taking Back Sunday. HE's the fan, not me so he wanted to get there early so there wasn't much time for eating... just beer. Look what I found at the store

Kona Brewing Co. is actually in association with Red Hook Brewery whiiiiich is located in Portsmouth and thus, this awesome Hawaiian beer is actually brewed 2 miles away from me! I more prefer the Longboard Lager but this was pretty tasty!
I also snacked on this and some cheese and crackers.
So fresh and so green, green!


Saturday, I finally made my way to the Portsmouth Farmer's Market for my first time. It's only a 10 minute walk from my house... I totally forgot about this when I bought a ton of produce at Hannaford on Thursday so I didn't buy anything, but ohhh it looked gooooood.


There were several stands selling fresh meats too - chicken, pork, beef, lamb. Very excited to try some organic, local meat sometime!

Some views around my little city : )


One of these days, I'm going to bring my camera along on my harbor run, talk about GORGEOUS and motivating!

Sunday, I headed to my old college town to help my sister out (aww, she followed in my foot steps) and so this was my Sunday night

No worry that it was pouring and didn't feel anything like summer, but gosh was it ever delicious!
To balance it out, this was the quickie brunch I put together at the grocery store

Plusssss a small handful of my sister's Reese's PB Puffs. They definitely added something special to my yogurt! I never did get around to the clif bar though.

I was about to throw together some big, quickie salad for dinner when I saw zuchinni and chicken that needed tending to... it had been awhile since I'd made some "Zughetti" soooooooooooo




I don't have a mandolin, I just diligently sliced a medium zuke into thin strands. Sauteed them in EVOO with lots of chopped garlic and red pepper flakes. Tossed them with spinach, tomato and baked chicken breast.
Paired with two glasses of this guy...

My tum was mighty content!
I was very comfy eating this while watching How I Met Your Mother - gotta love Lifetime on Demand. My "Dear Santa" flannel PJ bottoms might have helped too... it's raining and like 50 degrees in JUNE but they still seemed wildly appropriate


While cleaning up the kitchen, I saw that my roommate had bought some of these!


Whoaaaaa, throwback! I helped myself to two, oh my, I felt like I was 10 again!


A CRUISE brochure came in the mail yesterday, so I'm going to peruse that before bed and hopefully have some sunny, tropical dreams... while rain pitter patters outside my window ; )

5 comments:

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

i am obsessed with the postal serviceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

margarita cupcakes? I think I'm in love!!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

all you had to say was "sounds like postal service" and i bought that song on itunes! thanks!

Brooke said...

MANGO CUPCAKES! GIRL START BLOGGING AGAIN BECAUSE I LIKE YO STYLE... I FEEL LIKE THE BOYS IN THE FIP WOULD MAKE MANGO CUPCAKES IN THEIR FLOATY!

Erin (thehealthyapron said...

That avocado looks amazing! I love guacamole! Yum!!