FORTUNATELY, as I decided to walk away from the computer and take a moment, I discovered I received a package. Holllaaaaa, my Amazing Grass arrived.
I had taken advantage of the sweet deal on Jenna's blog and ordered some goodies for myself. I didn't try any last night, but just the thought gave me the extra oomph to hit the gym (weird?).
Actually I was still on a high from my first beach volleyball game! I somehow wound up as one of the captains (hence why I couldn't skip and be home at 8 PM!) and my team is kind of a hodge podge of people plus like 3 I do know. Ahhh sooo fun!!! ESPecially since the freakin SUN decided to come out for once. First sunny afternoon in 2 weeks and we were having fun on the beach - and in Newcastle no less (Portsmouth's shoulder - a very wealthy, beautiful and quaint shoulder).
I also came home to the news about Michael Jackson. "Rock with You" is definitely one of my favorite songs of all time and I have spent other amazing times listening to his music and I know that one of my other favorite artists, Justin Timberlake would not be who he is without the influence of MJ either (among many others!).
I headed down to the gym and ellipticaled while watching the MTV coverage and countless MJ music videos... soooooo good.
Fast forward to this morning when I could finally break out some Amazing Grass!
I wasn't really sure what I wanted so I just threw some things in my blender and hoped it would come out okay.
This ended up being a scoop of Chocolate Amazing Meal, a banana, a handful of kale leaves, peeled fresh ginger, a dash of milk, water and some ice cubes.
UM YUM!
I wanted to keep it a little on the light side as today is FRIDAY which means I need to get to baking some MARGARITA cupcakes STAT (I am a crazy batter sampler, ugh), a concert tonight = beer/drinks and then BEACH tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
OH and how crazy is this?
I know, right!
One of my first stops after moving here was Bed, Bath & Beyond of course and it happened to be a brand new store. WELL this location has a fully stocked beauty aisle and when I say fully stocked, I mean FULLY stocked. ANY kind of shampoo, style aid, lotion, make up is there. Anything I have ever thought to be "hard to find" is there. Plus nobody knows about it so some recently discontinued items are still there... I had a friend come visit who was complaining about not being able to find a certain concealer, face cream and hair glaze... so we went to BB&B and they had everything she was looking for PLUS cheaper. You don't even know how much I love this store. The other day I was checking out the goods when I saw they were selling LARABARS for 68 freakin cents!!! Whaaaaatttttttttt. Definitely will be my go-to store for bars now (they have WCMN clif too, drool)
It's looking pretty delightful outside right now so I'm gonna do the cupcake hustle and then get the heck outside before thunderstorms roll in.
PEACE

No comments:
Post a Comment