Don't know about you... but I eat a lot of oatmeal. Mostly it comes down to the fact that it just works. Quick to put together, tastes yummy and keeps me satisfied for a long time. I have fallen into the habit of microwaving my oats but I think I've figured out how to fix the bowl just so, and thus they don't seem less fluffy than stove top...
Anyways.
I put in part time hours at a popular gym in my town. Not a bad situation as I get a few extra bucks and don't have to pay for a gym membership (and this is a really nice $50/mon health club with the works). Sometimes I curse myself for agreeing to opening the damn place at 7 am on a Saturday morning though. Waking up at 6:30...ish..., throwing on semi-slummy workout gear and not brushing my hair... obviously looking presentable is not my priority. But having 10 minutes to fix my future breakfast and lunchy-like meal is.
I don't know how. But today's oatmeal mixture was the most face-rocking in a while.
Hence this post. Mostly just to remind myself how exactly I did it.
1/3 cup instant oats
1/3 cup skim milk
2/3 cup water
1 banana
1/4 cup peanut flour
dash of salt
couple dashes cinnamon
Tbsp. wheat germ
This mixture sat in the gym fridge for about an hour before I nuked it for 2 minutes.
Stirred in just a glug of vanilla muscle milk (it was there, couldn't resist for some reason) and topped with half a packet of Justin's almond butter.
Doesn't scream particularly fancy compared to other days except for maybe the last two steps? Or maybe I finally figured out the right proportion of peanut flour to oats to liquids...
Whatever it was, my stomach is happy and I'm almost not bummed I'm sitting at the gym watching people elliptical and not sleeping in or rocking a mild hangover.
Oh right, that was part of my logic for taking this shift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I made this for breakfast and it was delicious. Thanks.
Primo B.
Post a Comment