I've been keeping a mental list of dishes I want to tackle... things I say to myself I will attempt after I get back from vacation.
Saying to myself "after st.john" is equal parts having something to look forward to after some tropical bliss, and also because I won't be as concerned with what I'm eating as I've been in "bikini mode".
By the way, "bikini mode" is very hard to get into as we transition to sweater weather and I pull my beloved corduroys out. My bedroom is also going CRAZY as I haven't been able to rotate my warm and cold weather wardrobes. I'm looking at November as a month for much needed organization. And apparently, lots of cooking. And what I hope will be a new full time job.
November = Domestication?
And recommitting to this... well blog or whatever you would like to call it. If you would even CALL THAT recommitting.
So because I know the tropical brainwash will cause me to seek out more Caribbean fare post-vacation, I going to use this space as a reminder of new england and fall and everything I want to do before I come home obsessed with rum.
Cooking and Baking Goals
*Pizza dough
*Gnocchi
*French Onion Soup (lofty goals I tell ya)
*Nut Butter, ie dust off my twice used food processor
*Roasting a chicken
*Developing a boozy frosting that is still fluffy. Science may be against me.
*Shortbread (looofffftyyyyy)
*christmas flavored cupcakes for gifting (omg)
Obviously, I'm beyond stoked to be going to St. John in like 2 days, but I'm also a a tad bummed about missing another gorgeous fall weekend in New Englad. It has been spot on heeyaaa! Conflicting, no? Easy to get over though. I'm going to an island. That is pretty sweet. Maybe this will provide inspiration for an outstanding and unique pairing of something caribbean with something squashy.
Not convinced yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment